Simplicity 6011 trousers

After my recent trousers shopping disaster, I thought why not sewing one? I can shorten and adjust the pattern to get a well-fitting trousers. So I went through my four issues of “Meine Nähmode” (full of simplicity patterns) and decided to give simplicity 6011 a try. On the simplicity homepage, the back envelope says that the trousers should have a side length of about 105 cm. Compared to my measurements, I needed to remove about 14 cm. After cutting out the pattern, I removed 1 cm of length in the mid of waist and hips, and additional each 5 cm above and below the knee. And the rest of the length I decided to adjust when sewing up the hem. Of course, I first made a muslin to figure out whether my changes make sense or not. Shortening was perfect, I only realized that I bigger darts in the back part. I’m quite happy with the result. It is not a perfect fitting trousers, but way much better than so many others. For the next trousers I will work hard to get rid of the crinkles in the front part. I already know it has to do something with the curvature of the crotch seam. For this trousers, I also tried for the first time a hidden zipper.
simplicity 6011

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s